Saturday, July 26, 2014

Day 19 of Radiation

    Sheesh!  Enough already.
    I still have four more days of radiation to go... 
    At this point my left breast is a sad puppy: bright pink and droopy and tender.  When I brush against or bump into something, it reminds me of being  a nursing mother and having to drive home from a days's work with tender cement blocks on my front, overfilled with milk.
    I want to tell the radiation folks, "Thanks---this will be enough for me." 
    Oh well, I guess dropping out is not allowed.
    My energy level is low but I keep bumbling around trying to do things instead of just resting.  As a result, things take longer and the choices I make are not as good.  Short circuits in the frontal temporal lobe.
    The good news: I hope to start the drive to Colorado on Aug. 1.
    Also on that day I start taking Arimidex, one a day for the next five years.
    Yippee, I'm on The Pill again.  Not.
    At least I don't have to do chemo therapy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment