Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day After

I didn't sleep much last night.  

Foot cramps--using the toilet after drinking so much cranberry juice--not being sleepy.

About 8:30 am I finally got up, feeling woozy, and ate a bowl of oatmeal.  I checked on my vegetable garden and watered it.

No pain at all--just a slight ache.  No excuse to use the hydrocodone pills.

At 9:15 I walked the dogs, just around the block.  Made it.

At 9:45 I woke John up and told him that Pet Affaire won't groom Na'ilah if he doesn't get her there by 10 am.

He did it.  

I rested, puttered around the kitchen.

John drove Roz to work at 1 pm.  He brought me a skinny peppermint mocha venti from Starbucks--but he forgot to ask for it to be decaf.  I stayed up all day, wired.

On television we watched California Chrome win the Preakness in Baltimore--yay!

Ellen came by at 3 pm, and I proudly showed her how clean the garage is.  She brought grits made with cheese and chunks of bacon--delicious!

I showed her my surgical vest, and she pointed out that it was inside out--so that's why the zipper had been stabbing my collar bone all night.  We changed it, and I was surprised to see the big blue splotch on my breast and the two separate patches over incisions, one on my breast and another under my arm.

After I got the vest back on, I asked her to take a couple of photos to document my garb.

I slept from 7 pm to 9 pm, then got up and talked and wrote in this blog.

Marie called and I had a great talk with her.

Goodnight!



  


No comments:

Post a Comment