Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Feeling Good on Day 4

I woke up today feeling rested and normal.  Wow!

Had to laugh when I read Mary Jo Cartledge-Hayes' Facebook comment on lumpectomy: "like having a splinter removed"!

Well, not quite, but not too big a deal either.  

It's great to look down and realize that the cancer is not there any more.

I'm wondering why they don't give women antibiotics after a Wide Local Excision (lumpectomy).

I know we are not supposed to overdo antibiotics and make bacteria more resistant to them, but after being cutting open, I would have appreciated some help for a few days.

Maybe that's why I wasn't tired on Day 1 post-op but was very tired on Days 2 and 3.  Maybe those were the days when my body was fighting off a lot of germs.  

Now I'm feeling confident about getting on the road to Colorado tomorrow after my post-op appointment with my doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment